Saturday, October 18, 2008

scope school

Readers,

First, I apologize for neglecting the blog for so long. I had a chat with a new friend, after that I was wondering what is the point to post something If I have nothing to post. then I was waiting for the inspiration to come.

Anyway, I finished my time on the rig and I went to the so called scope school. Just another course; lasting 3 weeks in Abu Dhabi. The purpose is to train us for using new generation tools. Quite interesting I have to admit. Running this tools in a day basis can totally change the perception of the job. it is like driving a car and driving a plane :-)

The school is very relax. Only few exams, nice classmates and the best instructor in SLB " mister Ali K."
Then , I end up having a lot of funs with my other classmates. Here comes the journal of events of the two first weeks of the school ( not sorted ) :

+ trying my first experience with ski in ski dubai : really funny despite the fact that I spent more time sitting on my ass than on my legs.

+ finding my bowling master : a malaysian guy ( see blogs ) just amazing. he did 191 points during one game. All his shots were exactly in the middle of the track. WOW , I measured the gap between a player and a player " du dimanche".

+ beaching and not " bitching" as certainly would think : water is warm, sun is soft, sand is sticky and taxi drivers dont allow people still wet to go in.

+ experimenting indonesian foods in a restaurant : nothing to declare except that I saw my friend ( indonesian ) who was soaking like a boxer after eating a small green chili. Impressive. I hardly believe that If I tried the same, I would not be here now typing this post.

+ practicing my languages skills thanks to my classmates : spanish, chinese, japanese, bahasa, arabic, french ( no just kidding for the last one ).

+ eating like a pig : the food is too good in the learning center. or maybe I have been used to disgusting food on the rig.


one more week to go, then I will be back in the monotony of my location...I hope something will happen very soon.


R
PS: dida daku gado gado!

2 comments:

Seda said...

you went to the school earlier :(
I will be in Abu Dhabi on 9th Nov. if I can pass the exam
We can not meet this time then
Have fun!
Tanoshinde ne ;)

Seda said...

heheh I saw your photo in the school on facebook. You were standing just next to my roommate :)
We are staying in the same apartment with Ana.

they canceled again our enterance exam, we are still waiting for FSM to come back to the base, maybe this afternoon I will get rid of it......

mou, huntou ni matsu no ha taihen yo

iiyyykkk, it is tiring to be waiting :S