Sunday, August 24, 2008

vacation mode

Readers,
I am on the second half of my vacations time in France. This is a good occasion to introduce something I found out. the field engineer / vacation mode.
It is easily understandable that there is nothing that can allow you to be one day a field engineer and the day after back home: the son/husband/brother/friend you were before.There is a kind of transition lets say.
When the vacations starts , I was still in " field engineer " mode. not very talkative, having short sleep and difficulty to eat normally. I was still checking my company mail and not really keen to meet my friends or simply hang out. I was not really involved in what happens around me. Well I just wanted to spend some time alone.

After few days, I started to be able to oversleep in the morning, starting to joke with my family and friends and also could eat normally and a lot of junk foods ;)
I dont know If others engineers feel the same when they are off.I was thinking that when we have 2 weeks off, it is in fact 10 days off because of this transition time between field engineer and lets say " normal guy" mode.
anyway, only few days remaining, I will try to breathe as much as I can some fresh "Provençale" air. When you are not home for a long time and you come back, you realize that you like your hometown.

R

PS: someone said that a man will always be attracted like a magnet by the land he was born in. I am quite agree ;-)

2 comments:

Seda said...

Heheheh this is what happens usually. Especially when you are away from your own country. For some time you will be like a foreigner again, but after a time you will be the same you as before, it takes time. In my case it took 2-3 weeks to be "normal" as before (actually I was not normal before, too much talkative, and people just shocked to see me in a deep silence :D)

Enjoy the left days in vacation and let's enjoy later in Abu Dhabi (hope that I will be able to, as a kouhai maybe I need to work very hard :(

Mata ne (^-^)V

Unknown said...

Happy holiday Mr. Raffik !!!
Thank you for the information you provided me on this blog. I am reading it for quite some time and it helped me to get a good view over the big picture of what it means to work for Slb. I received the confirmation that i passed R1 and i now i aspect for R2 to be scheduled. Stop the philosophy and just enjoy your vacation ...one could never really appreciate its home land unless he was gone for a long period of time so be glad you're there and forget about the rest ;)