Monday, August 11, 2008

Airport

Readers,

20:51, Monday 11th of August : I am presently in the muscat airport lounge, awaiting for my flight to Amsterdam. fortunately I should be in Marseille tomorrow morning at 11:20.

Lets move in the past few days after the " last shift".

As I mentionned several times, Nothing is really smooth and as per the plan.After my Last shift, I should have been going to Kish Island and commute to Dubai the day after. But....
My supervisor " forgot" that we are in an offshore rig. It is not like we just go out from the rig, take a taxi and go wherever we want.
following this, I took, at night, a boat going to Lavan Island.I was angry as going to Lavan Island means that after I have to go to Tehran and then go to Kish which add all in all 2 - 3 days to the trip.
My dream to leave the day after was already very high in the sky out of my mind.
- Ok!- what to do? there is the magical sentence that everyone likes to pop out in this case of situation : " welcome in operation"
I spent one day in Lavan Island. Arrived early in the morning and surprised to be ok after 8 hours of swelling boat.nothing to signal about the island itself, it is just like a rig but in an island. Accomodation are very raws, no shops of course just a common canteen for everyone here. After chatting with the Boss of the island, my plan to Tehran was arranged via Ahvaz for tomorrow morning.I need to thank the guys from SLB testing who took care of me and gave me the best room available.
I took my flight to Tehran via Ahvaz, city in the north west of Iran close to the Iraki border. Nothing to declare except that the flight standard are not really the same here... apparently I was the only guy in the aircraft who was wondering if it was normal that the plane was not really stable.anyway, I arrived in Tehran in one piece and alive. that is the essential.
In Tehran, I just had time to enjoy the scenery of this wonderful city ( I defintitely think that I must come back to visit this country). I commuted from terminal to terminal. the driver was driving a citroen Xantia, of course we started to chat about the best french car :) I suggest him to have a look to the peugeot 407 or the 607.
while going back to Kish from Tehran by flight, I got confirmation that the flights standard are really not the same...but one more time, it looks like normal for local people. Anyway, I arrived in one part.
Once I kish, I went to the flamingo hotel, very nice one. in the morning just time to say goodby to everyone and I was in the plane going back to Dubai.
In Dubai, I commuted terminal and bought some souvenirs foods in the duty free. and then , I was in the oman air flight towards Muscat.It was good to see the very friendly flight attendends of Oman air. I am not telling that so far I always meet gloomy people in the planes. But I have to
admit that people from Oman air have something else;-)
few hours after, I was in my bed and thinking that it is really good to be back in "the Lair". Lets see what the guys will tell me in the office.
In the office, I was quite surprised because all my managers urged me to take days off and my expenses claim sheet was signed without any checks.
It was really strange to see people asking you for going to vacation. In most of the case it should be the opposite right?
So even they like me too much and they do care about my health, even they dont want to see my face around ;-)- who knows??? -
Well I am not going to think too much about it,I am on vacation going back to Home, 21:20, Monday 11th of August.
R
PS: Muscat airport Lounge is awesome :-)

No comments: