Sunday, June 1, 2008

Promotion

Hi guys (and ladies also ;-) )

I finally ended up to be promoted to Field engineer 1 (FE1).
From now I am not anymore a trainee.
I think that the only difference will be that now, my management team will not tolerate any mistakes from me.

Not so many informations can be gathered on the net regarding this position. And most of the people does not really know what it is since they are already in so I will take this opportunity to sum up the trainee phase for a D&M field engineer into 3 parts which each of them will be detailed in an article :
Pre-School phase
Shool phase
Post school phase

R

PS: I just came back from my first job as a lead hand : good experience, I learnt 2 things : never rely on somebody else than yourself, and I can work 26 hours in a row ...

3 comments:

Rohan Sethi said...

Hey,
really nice 2 read abt your experience with slb..I 2 wud be joining this OCT..so i hope i have a very gud experience!! wud be gr7 to get in touch with u..my email id is rohanset@gmail.com

rohan

Anonymous said...

Hello Raffik
Thank you very much for sharing your experinces. I will start with OFS-1 in Abu Dhabi on 22nd June 2008. I read all your posts and now I understand how things go on. It must be very busy over here, but I am looking froward to hearing from you at your blog

raffik said...

Hi,

thank you for your comments, I am very glad it can bring you any informations.
I wish you all the best in your future career in SLB

R