Monday, July 14, 2008

skin versus offshore

Readers,

According to my manager I will stay in this offshore jack up 3 more weeks.It will be in total 4 weeks.
after 1 week what can I share with you?

too much things but I would like to focus on the skin.

Epidermally speaking ( I dont know if this word exists, if no : copyright), you will pass by up and down. More down actually.

Yes, the offshore environment is narrow, so everything has to be stored at the same place. Chemicals, mud pit, You, engines, diesel .... You will navigate in this atmosphear full of chlorides, oil, smoke and other friendly mixtures.

- If you are about to go offshore :
take a face cleanser

- if you are already been offshore but you have never noticed this :
take a face cleanser for the next time

- if you are working only on lands :
take a face cleanser also

- if you are not working in slb :
you dont give a shit but take a face cleanser also... it can be usefull

Capiche?

Your skin will be the first one to remind you that you are working under "non normal" conditions when you are offshore!
So take a face cleanser or just avoid mirrors

R

PS: I am not working for nivea or whatever, it is just a serious topic hidden in a funny post ( well I hope it is funny).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings, stumble upon your blog when i type 'OFS-1+Schlumberger' in Google. Anyway what was your major before you entered Schlumberger? Anyway cheers.

Anonymous said...

this was what I was really thinking. when I stayed in Japan, this was also a big concern for me. the air pollution is rising any where in the world and our skins are not ready for it yet :S

Anonymous said...

Hi Seda,
yeah this is like this in all big city.
So you have been in tokyo ;-)
how lucky you are, this is my dream to go to tokyo.
I plan to go next year with a friend, I hope you will provide me tips and things to see

Ja ne

Anonymous said...

I'd love to.:) I lived in Tokyo for 3 years. your questions are always welcome, you can mail me by the following address: sedasendir@gmail.com
this blog will be helpful http://waywayinjapan.blogspot.com/ we were at the same lab and she prepared one blog about her adventure in Tokyo.

I am trying to get ready for SLB. They also send an e-mail that mentions to have a light bag. :( Pretty difficult to manage. Can you give me some tips about preparing the bag? by the way I am going to be in Shekou, China,but first OFS-1 in Abu Dhabi on 3rd of August.

ja ne (^-^)V

Anonymous said...

Hi Seda,
thanks for the link , I will bookmark it, thanks also your email.

Concerning the bag, don't worry ... and dont pay attention to this . In fact, they are responsible of relocating you, so they have to pay your tickets to OFS1 and also to your base which will be shekou. if you have overweight baggages, you have to pay it by yourself but they have to expense it back to you.
thats why they "advise" to you to take a light back.

My advice is the opposite : take everything you need to take. The reason is simple, your next vacations will be more likely 7-8 months from OFS1. they will also put you in a nice staff house, you can make it as your "home" , so dont hesitate to take your personnal stuffs.

you are quite lucky, because I have a very close friend of me based in D&M shekou. I already talk with her, if she is in the base during your arrival, she will handle you and help you for the first steps.

Hope it helps ^_^
R

Anonymous said...

Hi Raffik
You are great, thank you very much :) I can not be happier than this. m(_ _)m domou arigatou gozaimasu :)

You can mail me anytime, I am also planning to have a visit in Tokyo next summer hopefully :D

Thank you very much again

Albatross said...

hey man, i'm a trainee field engineer with baker oil tools in baker hughes... your blog is great fun! i especially love reading about your offshore experiences. keep posting!