Monday, June 23, 2008

Good news

Hi readers,

I just came back from a job in south of Oman, close to the so famous Salalah region!
I crossed it by bus and I was just stunned. Its green, light rain is there and there is cows!!
Am I really in middle east?
My friend told me that Salalah has a special micro climate during summer which make it like tropical zone. A lot of rain, so everything is coming green, river and waterfalls are poping up.
I understand now why all the people in middle east gather to this place during the summer.

Lets talk about the job;
it was a quite simple job, so everything was smooth. the team with me was really nice and good. The client was really happy despite we had almost nothing to do.
So when everything is ok, everyone is happy!


while in the office after this job, I got a huge news :
I am going "on loan"!
what does it mean?
it means that I will be assigned temporary in another location than mine.
It happens when a location has a sudden need of people, the manager will just ask to the neighboor locations if they can send him some guy for a couple of week.
this time, I was designated to go on loan.
So I just went to the office and my boss asked me if I will be interested by a loan.
Spontaneously I said Yes. By this time I was so happy.
Then he replied, you want to go to Iran, I said : " No problem", I think even if he asked me to go to the moon, I would have said yes also :-p

Afterwards I heard that it gonna be an offshore rig.
he also told me that it will be in the Kish island which is a free zone in Iran.

Anyway, I am fascinated by this country. Very rich historically and with magnificent moutains and landscape.
So I just hope that I will have some spare time to visit it.

Departure is for tomorrow, so my first mission is to get a camera.

R

PS : for the future SLB employees, keep in mind that you may never know where you can be affected in this company.
So be prepared and expect everything!

No comments: